Lt En
Manuals
lt

A cleaner and more energy efficient Kaunas region

A cleaner and more energy efficient Kaunas region

A cleaner and more energy efficient Kaunas region

Capacities of the power plant will allow for a rational use of about 200 000 tonnes of municipal waste generated in the region remaining after sorting and production of about 500 GWh of heat and 170 GWh of electricity.

A cleaner and more energy efficient Kaunas region
Environmental benefit to Lithuania. Having built the power plant, there will be fewer landfills, because some of the waste remaining after sorting will be converted into energy. Lower heat prices. Having built the power plant, Kaunas will generate much of its electricity and heat by itself. Energy independence. The construction of the power plant will allow increasing Lithuania’s energy independence - we will produce our own electricity and import less natural gas.

Too little sorting, too much landfilling

*your_browser_doesnt_support_html5_canvas*

Too little sorting, too much landfilling

Currently, a mere 10% of waste is sorted and recycled in the Kaunas region, and the remaining 90% is landfilled. This is environmentally damaging and expensive – residents of Kaunas pay too much for landfilling waste.

All rights reserved © 2018. Solution: UAB "Fresh Media"